I have a little book entitled, "Really Important Stuff My Kids Have Taught Me", and I really appreciate and resonate this authors' efforts to see what kids can teach us....I couldn't agree more! I have learned SO MANY deep and life-changing lessons from my kids.....some examples.......when you are out looking for worms, don't miss the beautiful dragonfly that flies by you........lunch tastes much better when you eat it on a blanket on the floor for a "carpet picnic"........you can never have too many tea parties......and, my personal favorite......always lick the spoon! Life throws us lots of ingredients, some we welcome and others are less tantalizing initially.....all the ingredients of life combine to create our lives, our "deck of cards", what we have to work with. And we are all richly, richly blessed. "Lick the spoon" reminds me each and every day to get every last drop of what life has to offer.....savor everything in this wonderfully crazy life......and it doesn't matter if your face (and hands and clothes and ears.....) gets dirty and sticky in the process!
Wednesday, November 01, 2006
Always Lick the Spoon!
I have a little book entitled, "Really Important Stuff My Kids Have Taught Me", and I really appreciate and resonate this authors' efforts to see what kids can teach us....I couldn't agree more! I have learned SO MANY deep and life-changing lessons from my kids.....some examples.......when you are out looking for worms, don't miss the beautiful dragonfly that flies by you........lunch tastes much better when you eat it on a blanket on the floor for a "carpet picnic"........you can never have too many tea parties......and, my personal favorite......always lick the spoon! Life throws us lots of ingredients, some we welcome and others are less tantalizing initially.....all the ingredients of life combine to create our lives, our "deck of cards", what we have to work with. And we are all richly, richly blessed. "Lick the spoon" reminds me each and every day to get every last drop of what life has to offer.....savor everything in this wonderfully crazy life......and it doesn't matter if your face (and hands and clothes and ears.....) gets dirty and sticky in the process!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment