Monday, November 20, 2006

A Child's Prayer.


Wow, this is the longest that I have gone without posting since I started this blog in October. But, I was out for the weekend scrapping with my good friend, Mindy, and we just had an incredible time of connecting and creating. It is amazing that although pretty much the only time that I spend with Mindy is when we are scrapping (or sometimes over an event with our kids aka Disney on Ice), I count her as an amazing blessing in my life. There is just something that happens when you create scrapbooks with someone; as we create, we share and reminisce and share and just be together. And it is wonderful. Simple and wonderful. During our time scrapping, Mindy and I have shared joys, triumphs and just plain confusions on the topics of marriage, mothering, weight, God and just trying to be a faithful and faith-focused woman. It is a neat relationship, and one that I cherish. Thanks, Mindy. I am looking forward to many, many more scrapping sessions together.

Today, in addition to being thankful for Mindy, I am thankful for children and, more specifically, their prayers. Yesterday, our church children's program completed a service project wherein we are collecting, packaging, and donating underwear, socks and blankets to our local community outreach ministry. The kids worked so hard on sorting, packing, and making cards to accompany the donations. The photo above is my daughter working on tying the edges of fleece blanket to send to a child who has no blanket. Then, we all gathered in a circle around the packed boxes and prayed. And to hear those sweet little voices lift those words of praise to God....wow, my tears started flowing. "Help us to help people and follow God." "Thank you for beds and blankets." "Thank you for the beautiful world." "Help these people be warm and know You." "We love you, Jesus." These kids get it. Really get it. This is why God called us to have faith like children. It is simple yet so, so profound. It is basic yet so complicated. And so, these kids ministered to my heart is a powerful way yesterday, and I am thankful for each one of them.

No comments: