Thursday, November 16, 2006

Just Passin' Through.





















God brought to mind a simple yet profound thought this morning: This is not my home. It reminds me of the beloved classic hymn that states "This world is not my home, I'm just a passin' through." There is so much about this world that I love, and three of them are depicted above. My kids, sunsets on Lake Michigan, and sunflowers. But as beautiful and precious as these things are to me, I am so aware that they pale in comparison to what heaven will be like. What will it be like to dance with my children at the throne of Jesus? To hear His voice whisper our names and to feel his strong arms around us? If the sunsets on Lake Michigan are this gorgeous, what will they be like in heaven? And the flowers....oh, heaven's flowers must be beautiful and fragrant beyond imagination. So, when the pain, pressure and frustration of this life heighten, these words are so sweet...this world is not my home, I'm just a passin' through.

My thank-you of the day today is going out to my cherished friend, Becky. Becky and I have been friends since junior high when we met in line at orientation. Becky and I shared so many important growing-up experiences together........and, most importantly, we always shared our faith and commitment to growing in Christ. Thanks, Becky, for being a true friend. I admire that you are an incredible mom to your three beautiful children; that you are so talented in music and photography; and that you are fully committed to your family. Though our lives have taken different paths and we rarely see each other, I continue to cherish that common bond that we have as sisters in Christ. I count you as a rich, rich blessing in my life.

No comments: