These are some photos from our very own Sunday afternoon "Bear Hunt" in the woods behind our house. We started out telling the kids that we might see some deer or raccoon, but they were soon convinced that the tracks that we saw were actually BEAR TRACKS! It was such a gorgeous fall afternoon, and we enjoyed some great exercise and some very fun time with our two kids and two of our neighbor kids. I love that we live near families where we "share" kids--sometimes my kids are there, and other times all the others kids are at our house. It is a really neat and supportive community of families, one with which we feel truly blessed. This is one of those rich Sunday blessings that I might have missed if I had been catching up on work or folding laundry or running errands; there are many different ways that we worship and praise our Creator, and I believe that this walk was viewed by God as worship just as much as the songs and prayers that we delivered to him earlier in the day at church. 
Today's letter of thanks is being sent to a woman who has been one of my best friends, a person who has both challenged me and supported me, a person whom I feel extremely blessed to call SISTER. This letter is going out to my sister, Kendra. Where do I begin with trying to express all that Kendra has meant and continues to mean to me, and to describe all the ways that she has influenced me? Kendra is kind and compassionate; she stands up for what she believes but is so balanced and strong in her convictions. She is not afraid to ask the tough questions, but she does so with tact and love. It has been amazing to watch Kendra find her place in a challenging career, make lasting impact in the lives of so many of her patients, and become a strong advocate for health (not to mention correct lifting techniques!). I am thankful for Kendra's loving spirit, her unwavering faith in Christ, and her amazing strength and beauty. I am so thankful for a lifetime of fond memories including play time as kids; playing basketball, volleyball and softball together; adventures in college; helping each other through broken hearts; living together in our Mason apartment; long talks in person and on the phone....and the list could go on indefinitely. Kendra is coming up very soon on her one-year-anniversary of being married to the love of her life, Dan, and it has been incredible to see her embrace the role of wife and homemaker for her new family. So this thank you to Kendra comes along with a sincere "Thank You" to Dan, too, for answering my sister's prayers and for making her so fulfilled and contented. You two are a great picture of love, commitment, and faith....in seeking and finding God's best. Thank you for all that you have brought to my life and the lives of our kids.

No comments:
Post a Comment