Today was all about laundry and getting both kids haircuts and some swimming time. After we cleaned up following our pool time, Kennedy and I decided to make it a Mommy-daughter night out. I have always made a concentrated effort to spend one-on-one time with each of my kids doing special things that we enjoy together; I think this is critical so they know that they are unique and special and so that they know how to be treated (and to behave) in a social situation.In the last couple of weeks, I have noticed that Kennedy is really entering a phase where she cares about style....taking extra time to fix her hair just so, dressing up, making sure she has jewelry on, walking with a little extra sway. It's as if she is really getting in touch with some of the fun things about being a girl.....I had to smile as she walked a bit ahead of me....that extra little swing in her hips.....I love that she is enjoying being a girl!
Tonight, Kennedy and I started our date with dinner at Logan's for their Monday night 2 meals-for-12.99 (what a deal!). Kennedy ordered shrimp, while I went with what I always order at Logan's--Santa Fe Tilapia--and then we traded halfsies. We enjoyed a great meal and some fun conversation, mostly about what she thought 2nd grade will be like.
After dinner, we headed to Staples and Target to do some preliminary school shopping. Kennedy picked out some erasers, a cute notebook/folder, and some ala carte paper clips/clips/push pins that were too cute and fun to pass up--kind of like a buffet of office supplies where you fill your container for one price. She comes by her love of cute office supplies honestly! At Target, we went in looking for a few things and came out with 170.00 worth of.......well, I did get 2 baby shower gifts, some storage totes, hangers, new hardware for my bathroom cabinets, and a cute new tote. Dollars sure can add up at Target, that's all I can say.
After shopping, we capped the night off with ice cream at Maggie Moos....Kennedy got sweet cream with PB cups, and me with my regular.....Carrot Cake ice cream (to DIE for!) with crushed up Heath Bar.
I love being a mom to a little girl.....but most of all to THIS little girl.

2 comments:
Wow. Sounds like a perfect date. :) Hope the slumber & birthday parties go well this week! :)
Oh Nicole, sounds like so much fun!! I enjoy just Mommy and Lily time now, but I can only imagine how wonderful it will be when she's older!!
Post a Comment