Today is Saturday, and tomorrow we are heading home. On Thursday night, Matt's extended family arrived. And let me tell you, did they arrive. Many of you know that Matt is from a huge family (he has 6 brothers and 2 sisters) and there are 20 granchildren, so when they come rolling into a place, they don't do so quietly! It has been fun having family here, and the kids have loved playing with their cousins.....but the "quiet and relaxing" aspect of our vacation is definitely long gone, and we are a bit sad for that. The fun continues, it has just changed a bit! So, here are a few highlight photos from the last few days:
A few of the M. counsins at the beach:
Hayden was a willing volunteer when his Uncle Fred started burying kids:
This view of the dunes beyond the water catches my breath every time:
My little sun-kissed beach bums:
Grandma brought all the stuff to tie-dye t-shirts, so that was Fridays big project. It was fun to see each kid put his/her unique spin on the project, and they each turned out so unique.I love this mosaic, which is encrusted in the door post at an art gallery/cafe called the "Trick Dog" in Elberta:
I can never resist a patch of daisies:
This is probably one of my favorite shots from the week. I decided to stay back on the beach while Matt walked out on the pier with the kids. And when I saw this shot, I was glad that I did:
Hayden and his Daddy, enjoying a float on the Lake Michigan waves:
Today (Saturday) brought a rainy morning, which put a damper on the boys' charter fishing trip. Instead, we ate a big breakfast and the headed out for putt-putt golfing. They had this cool old antique stove with heavy iron pans filled with colorful golf balls....and my husband thought I was off my rocker for taking a photo of it:
My hole-in-one (one of them....I actually shot 3!):
Kennedy and her cousing, Sam, loved the golfing.
Golf was followed by a trip to the local Hill Top Soda Shoppe, where they make their own ice cream with all local ingredients...they even make their own Diet Cola!

4 comments:
The owner of this blog has a strong personality because it reflects to the blog that he/she made.
I love seeing all of your vacation photos! Great shots. I too love that daisy one - beautiful!
Post a Comment