This is my favorite layout from scrapping this past weekend with my sister.....relationships seemed to be my theme for the weekend, as most of my layouts seemed to be reflections on key relationships in my life. This layout about my daughter includes a photo that I shared on an earlier post, one that just makes me realize how fast time is going and how grown up she is becoming. The journalling reads:
WHEN I TURNED AROUND.......I almost had to catch my breath. Gone is any hint of baby, replaced by features of the beautiful girl you are. But it's still you....the flip of your hair, the slight curve of your smile, your sweet trademark dimple, those deep chocolately browns. Yes, these photos of you in your knitted pink hat give me a glimpse of an older and more grown-up you. But promise me just one thing, Sweet Girl.,.....don't grow up too fast. Promise?
One of my favorite aspects of the layout are the found vintage buttons that I stitched to the page...the perfect color scheme to match the new line of Basic Grey papers, and the perfect touch of nostalgia. I also did a layout about my Grandma and one about my son starting his preschool journey. It never ceases to amaze me how the time and attention given in creating a layout like this one helps you to focus on what is truly precious and important and worthy of our time. I love scrapbooking for that reason.......and because I get to play with some many fun, funky and just down-right pretty supplies!
I am home sick today...just can't seem to shake this thing. Hopefully, with today and tomorrow off, I can be back to full health by teaching on Thursday. I have been busy planning a "Family Adventure" for next week Thursday/Friday for my family....they are all asking lots of questions about what we are doing and where we are going....but that's my little secret. It has been fun to plan and I just know they will adore it........that will surely be a post topic for next week. Until then, my daily cup of Theraflu is calling. Have a nice and peaceful Tuesday.

No comments:
Post a Comment