Sunday, February 25, 2007

Snowy Sunday.

Does anybody else remember these? Weaving looms are such a vivid part of my childhood memories. My sister, Kendra, and I must have made hundreds of these woven potholders. Oh, the joys of wrapping those little bands around the loom, of carefully sifting through the colors to choose just the right color combination. Each finished potholder was so unique in its pattern and color. I remember loading up our little red wagon and going door-to-door in our neighborhood to sell these little gems; yes, we were quite entrepreneurs even then. I saw this little weaving loom kit today when I stopped at the Cracker Barrel for breakfast, so for a mere $3.99, I had to pick one up for my daughter. The minute I gave it to her, she starting weaving and spent a lot of the evening making her first potholder....it is so beautiful. And, I must say, these are some of the best and most durable potholders I have ever used in my kitchen. It was fun to share this little joy from my childhood with my own little girl. Who knows.....when the weather gets warmer, she may even be knocking at your door trying to fill her piggy bank.....









I had a nice weekend away at my sister and brother-in-law's home this weekend. We did a lot of scrapping and talking and just hanging out; now that we live on opposite sides of our great state of Michigan, we don't get a lot of time together. So I really cherished the weekend time together. It is a bummer, though, that I still have quite a little sicky bug that has taken my voice, filled my throat and head with plegm (I hate that word), and just sapped my energy. So, hopefully with another good night's sleep tonight, I will be moving back toward health. For right now, after a three-hour drive home through freezing rain, I'm just exhausted......

Kendie and Dan, thanks for the awesome hospitality....I love seeing and experiencing the warm home and family you are creating together....love you both....Nighty-night.

No comments: