Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Kale Adventures.

The highlight of my day was trying KALE for the first time in my life. Tonight, I attended my first even cooking class focused on integrating more whole foods into one's diet. On the menu: KALE. I have seen it in the stores and wondered what you could ever do with such a substance.....and now I know! Saute it in olive oil, add a bit of spicy turkey sausage, and call it good and healthy.....I also sampled some baked cauliflower along with some whole grains with some funky-yet-healthy dressing......my only question for the chef was "Where are the recipes for the healthy chicken nuggets?" I plan to make the kale for my husband tomorrow, which should be an adventure in itself given that my husband is totally a meat-and-potatoes man. I also plan to try some other greens such as collard greens, mustard greens, and turnip greens, which all pack a strong nutritional punch.

I had a treat last night in the form of a night out stamping with some new friends. I made an adorable little paper bag album, along with an accordion card. It was a nice night of meeting new friends, creating, and sharing some Diet Coke and brownies.

Well, this will be short and sweet tonight....I am fighting a bit of a cold and want to battle it with an early-to-bed night. Sweet slumber.....maybe I'll dream of kale dancing in my head?

No comments: