Well, I am still writing to you from "foggy headville", though my voice is steadily moving back toward normal. I missed my typical time in Kennedy's classroom, as well as our parent-teacher association meeting, due to just being totally wiped out by this bug. I have drank enough Theraflu for a lifetime, and, well, let's just say I've coughed up.....well, let's just not go there.
I have been trying to upload a 2-page layout that I did over the weekend--my first layout that I scanned in to post here--but Blogger is giving me some problems. If I can't get it up tonight, then I will post it as soon as I can tomorrow.
Until then, here is a thought-->If you're like me, you sometimes feel guilty when you get sick. You feel like you are letting people down if you call in, or don't show up, or just sleep for a day. But, I am trying to look at these days as God's way of getting me to slow down for a bit, focus on my body and getting back to health, and getting out of the ratrace. It has kind of helped me to get perspective.....and many people appreciate you keeping your bugs to yourself rather than sharing the wealth! Research has shown that companies lose far more money and productivity when sick employees come to work, because they spread their illness around and their productivity it so low anyway. So, if you are sick, allow yourself to take a sick day. Nurture yourself and do what you can to protect others. That's what sick days are for.
Monday, February 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sounds like you have
what everyone up here
battled a while back!
Stay warm and feel better
soon!!
Take care
Heather
Post a Comment