
If you have been reading my blog for any period of time, you know that one of my joys in life is nurturing my children as artists and creative beings, and helping them to discover what that means uniquely for each of them. My son has made some amazing growth over the past couple of months in terms of his interest in artist expression such as drawing, coloring and painting. Here, you see some of his most recent drawings. He calls them his "Big Giant Goliaths" and his "little baby giants." Basically, these are his first drawings that he has identified as people......How cool is that?! I love that what he is learning in terms of Bible stories (his favorites as the moment are Jonah and the Whale and, of course, David and Goliath) shows up in his drawing. He leaves these little figures everywhere.....today, as I was giving my lecture, I ran across one of these little "giants" that he had drawn on my outline, just like his little 3-and-one-half-year-old signature.

I love that I have captured this milestone for him.....it will definitely make its way onto a scrapbook page for his three-year-old book. I love that I will be able to pull these drawings out when he is taking a high school art class, and show him his humble beginnings.
And by the way, when we read the story of David and Goliath, my son usually says something like, "Mommy, I have Jesus in my heart. And, Mommy, I want Goliath in my heart, too." So, I guess we have a little work to do on that one, but his heart is in the right place. May this upcoming weekend bring with it some creative time with a child, a shared Bible story, and some rest and relaxation.
No comments:
Post a Comment