What if each of us had to give an honest answer to that question, "Got Dirt?" What would the honest response be? If we really engaged in some deep soul-searching and self-evaluation, how would we answer that question? Well, the truth is, we all--EVERY ONE OF US--will answer that question one day. And we won't just be standing before some farmer on a John Deere tractor or before some town gossip. No, we will be standing before the all-powerful, everywhere-present, and all-knowing creator and sustainer of the universe, God Almighty. Ok, so He might not use these exact words, but He will ask us what we have and have not done for Him. In essence, we will need to spill our dirt, and we will see the truth of our lives before us. Wow, if that isn't humbling, I'm not sure what is.
I, for one, have dirt and lots of it. Not the clean white beach sand type, but the filthy dirty type that stains and is grimy and just plain stinks. Despite my best efforts, I don't always love like I need to. I can be judgmental and critical. I often think that I can do it on my own, without God's help. I have a selfish streak that sometimes gets the best of me, no matter how I try to focus on others. And that's just the beginning of my dirt list. I GOT DIRT.
But, the story doesn't end there. I also have a Savior who specializes in washing dirt away and making people as pure white as snow. And I am washed in His blood. He sees me as perfect, as white as snow. So on that day when God asks me "Got Dirt", I will proclaim His saving blood as my Lord and Savior who specializes in deep soul-cleaning. And I will enter eternity with Him and all those who have accepted Him as their Savior, and have accepted His desire to take our dirt and use our lives for His purpose and glory. Praise God.
So, if you're like me and "got dirt", rejoice in the fact that God wants to clean us and that he already took all of our dirt, every last grain, upon Himself as He died on the cross. I think I need to come up with a new green shirt that says "Got Dirt?" on the front, but also sports a message on the back......"Get Jesus."

No comments:
Post a Comment