It felt like I had been off work for much longer than a week. Today was really, really tiring. Maybe it was the fact that it was raining and thunderstorming when I left (and still dark out to boot), and rainy days make me want to crawl back under the covers with a good book or movie. Nevertheless, I was back in the classroom today and panicking a bit that we only have 4 weeks until the end of the semester. Which means LOTS of grading to do between now and then! When I got home, all I wanted to do was eat a quick dinner and veg. out with my kids and husband....BUT they had other plans. Plans involving a long walk and a playground. So, I did the good mom thing--though I really didn't want to at first--and got my workout clothes and new tennies on. Off we went.
It's funny how a night at a playground can give you new energy and attitude. We had lots of fun climbing the rock wall, sliding, taking photos, and climbing after each other on the slide. Leave it to my kids to give me a fun-filled play time, even when I think I'm way too tired to play! We walked home, enjoying the blooming tulips and daffodils on the way home......a true spring evening with my family.

1 comment:
Then winter is going to come in again for a week and freeze us out again...... Have a great Holy week. See you this weekend.
Post a Comment