Thursday, April 26, 2007

I love surprises.


There I was sitting in my office....everyone else had gone home and were likely eating dinner with their families, and I was still writing final exams and grading papers. And then....what a surprise! My wonderful husband and kids came and whisked me away on a little adventure. We ended up here: http://www.rosiesdiner.com/. Now, for those who are around my age and even probably a bit older, you may remember the Rosie commercials for Bounty papertowel. Well, this is the same diner, which has since been relocated to Rockford, Michigan. This diner has also received lots of West Michigan dining awards and has been featured on Food Network. My kids had never been to a classic diner before, so we thought it would be a fun weeknight adventure. To tell you the truth, the food wasn't all that great. But it was a fun and affordable "adventure" that we won't soon forget. I love surprises, especially the kind that whisk me away from piles of grading. Here's a challenge: Plan at least one surprise for your family or a friend this weekend. Whether big or small, surprises are always fun and it is one of those things where it's usually more fun to plan the surprise for someone else than to receive one yourself. If you do plan a surprise, let me know what you did by leaving a comment.....and.......I may just mail out a fun little Surprise! to whoever comes up with the most creative idea.

1 comment:

Danielsmommy said...

Sounds like a fun place to visit!
I'm racking my brain on a surprise for the weekend...
Did you see the Sports page of the Cad news? Big pic of Matt and Dan B. Are you guys coming up for the afternoon celebration they are having for him?

~H