Today, Landon is undergoing a major heart surgery at the University of Michigan Medical Center. A surgery where surgeons will actually remove his heart entirely from his little three-year-old body and use medical technology to sustain him as they attempt to fix his heart. Obviously, there are grave risks here. Risks of serious complication, risks that Landon's body will not receive his heart back. Too many to count. But, we know that we serve a God who is far bigger than that, and I am asking you to call on that God today throughout the day. Right now, Landon has been in surgery for over one-and-one-half hours; the doctors estimated that it would take at least 3 hours to get through Landon's chest into his heart. Pray for the wisdom and sure-handedness of the surgeons; pray that Landon will be protected from harm; pray for Landon's parents--Amber and Steve--as they wait. Pray for Landon's two older siblings as they are staying with family, that their confusion and concern would be calmed. Pray for an overwhelming and all-encompassing sense of peace for everyone who loves Landon. This little boy is a true miracle, and we are EXPECTING a miracle to happen in that operating room today.
Many of you reading have faced serious illness or the death of one of your children, so you can place yourselves in Amber's shoes today in a way that I cannot. I am especially asking you to pray. Pray out of your mother's heart especially for Amber, as she places her trust--literally places her child's life--in the hands of God and the surgeons. I can't imagine what she must be experiencing at this very moment, but I do know that she has tremendous faith and is looking to God for His peace and strength in every moment of today. Thanks for lifting Landon and his family up to our awesome God today.....in doing this, you are part of the miracle.

1 comment:
Hi Nicci-
I will most certainly be praying for little Landon and his entire family.
~H
Post a Comment