Monday, April 02, 2007

Just a Typical Monday at Home.



I am slowly but surely getting settled back in to home.....what a great time away, but I was SO happy to get home and see my family. And sleep in my own bed. The kids loved all of their {cheap} souvenirs and gave me lots of big, big hugs upon my return. I love it. Today was spent just enjoying the first day of their spring break....sleeping in until almost 10:00 {heavenly} and then spending some time volunteering at our local outreach center, helping them organize and hang clothing donations. It was neat to see the kids--even at their young ages--jump in and help serve. Afterward, we went out to Moe's for lunch--fajitas and fish tacos--and then spent the afternoon paying bills and trying to start all of the laundry....OK, that I didn't miss! Tonight, my daughter and I went out for a Mommy-Daughter night out, like we try to do at least once per month. Tonight, we went for a haircut for her (looks adorable) then some shopping at Kohl's, dinner and dessert and Chili's, and now trying to get ready for classes tomorrow. Ah, the typical things of my life seem so good and right tonight. It's good to be warmly welcomed home, and, like this simple sign above the entrance to our family room states, there is NO PLACE LIKE HOME.

No comments: