My husband took me out on a romantic date tonight. It's funny how just getting away from home and focusing on each other can really rekindle the romance. In our small group Bible study, we are doing a marriage-focused study, and our "homework" was to go out on a date. So, we hired a babysitter for our kiddos and just starting driving. We have found that often the best dates arise from allow for spontaneity to rule. We got a pizza for the kids and the sitter, and basically just started driving west toward Lake Michigan.
We first drove through downtown Zeeland....while I have been on the outskirts, I don't think that I have really ever been in the heart of Zeeland. Quaint, but not really anything that looked like we wanted to pursue it. So, we kept driving west into Holland. After driving a bit, we decided to have dinner at a Mexican Grill called Tres Lobos. We had this very interesting and delectable dish for two called pasadillidas.......which was basically meat and vegetables prepared and served in a large stone bowl, complete with all the typical Mexican accompaniments. In addition to very delicious food, the atmosphere of the place was just neat.....a live Spanish-singing musician, colorful decor, and just a really fun crowd.


We first drove through downtown Zeeland....while I have been on the outskirts, I don't think that I have really ever been in the heart of Zeeland. Quaint, but not really anything that looked like we wanted to pursue it. So, we kept driving west into Holland. After driving a bit, we decided to have dinner at a Mexican Grill called Tres Lobos. We had this very interesting and delectable dish for two called pasadillidas.......which was basically meat and vegetables prepared and served in a large stone bowl, complete with all the typical Mexican accompaniments. In addition to very delicious food, the atmosphere of the place was just neat.....a live Spanish-singing musician, colorful decor, and just a really fun crowd.
After dinner, we drove to the shore for what we called the "Six Dollar Sunset." What I mean is......we arrived just as the sun was setting, had to pay $6.00 to get into the park (State Park), and were so cold that we only stayed a few minutes to see the sun set before rushing back to the warmth of a truck. So, we enjoyed our first $6.00 sunset of the year, which, as you can see, was gorgeous. Have I said how much I adore living in West Michigan?

So, the moral of the story is that even when life seems busy with kids and work and taxes and all the other stuff, romance is really just a babysitter, a short drive, and a few dollars away. Thanks for a great date, Honey. You still got it! And you get an "A+" for this homework!!

No comments:
Post a Comment