Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Snowblowers in April?

My boy has been sick with a cough and high fever earlier this week, so we have spent a lot of our free time nursing him back to health. I find it interesting how we always seem to fall back on the little tactics that our parents used to comfort and nurse us when we were sick as kids. For me, it was always some clear pop to drink, a cool washcloth on the forehead, and a specially made bed on the couch coupled with my favorite cartoons. Hayden especially likes the "wet towel" on his head and extra Mommy cuddles as he falls asleep. Today, he is feeling much better and seems to be making up for his four days "under the weather" with an extra dose of spice....and did I mention defiance? Thankfully, he decided after getting up at 5 am needing a PB&J sandwich and chocolate milk, he needed a little snooze this afternoon. I am praying that he will wake with a bit more cooperative spirit. But, I am thankful (mostly!) for the return of his energy and pep.

So, yesterday, I thought that I would be optimistic and put out the cute new colorful spring rugs that I got for the front and back porch entrances. That was before I knew that we were expecting another BLIZZARD for today. So, at last check, my cute rug has about an inch of snow on it. Seriously, I'm condfident that our snow accumulation in April has probably easily outweighed that of December. Last week, I was hearing chirping birds and playing kids outside my window; today, it's snow blowers and snow plows. We had to cancel our first t-softball practice due to SNOW. We can only hope that the snow will be gone before Memorial Day. We can hope, can't we?

No comments: