Saturday, August 11, 2007

Babies.

Those who know me well know that in my deepst heart, I would love to have a third child. I just feel that yearning to nurse and nurture and enjoy all of the blessings that a new baby, toddler and child brings at each and every stage.

While the jury is still out on whether that will become reality, in the meantime, I love spending time with babies.....I love everything about them, the smells (well, most of them!), the softeness, all the sounds a baby makes. So today, I just loved having my almost-2-month-old niece, brother, and sister--law visit for the day. Hayden felt that little Sammie needed to be inducted inot the pirate sister-and-brotherhood....he looked at this photo and said "I'm Captain Hayden and Sammie is my Little Mate." So precious. And is there anything more cute than those little belly buttons?

We were also pleased to play host to baby Sammie's very first swim. She wasn't quite sure what to think of it, but as she relaxed, she started to smile and kick and really seemed to enjoy the floating sensation. Of course, Hayden can't figure out why baby Sammie can't walk or swim yet.

After her swim and a change into cozy new clothes, Sammie proceeded to fall asleep on Aunt Nicci's lap. So, of course, this was the perfect opportunity to snap some sleeping baby photos, I am just mesmerized by her long lashes and tiny nose and sweet pink lips.



And further evidence that there was a baby in the house today.........

1 comment:

Jody said...

Those pictures are so sweet. Especially the last one! =)