But was struck me was this: No matter how violent and vigorous the waves got, that little boat didn't move far nor did is capsize or sink. You see, it was anchored.
I'm in a time of the year when things get stressful. And, quite frankly, I am feeling tossed around by my circumstances. Getting the kids (and me) prepared for back to school. A new university calendar starting, and along with it lots of new projects and expectations and deadlines. A new football season, meaning that my husband is gone long hours. I feel just like that little boat--tossed and thrown every way possible.
But I know that despite the waves, I AM ANCHORED. Jesus is the rock that holds me in place, even when I can't see him and when I feel vulnerable. He is there as my anchor, my stronghold, my rock. And that makes all the difference. It helps me to keep perspective and to know that this, too, shall pass. So, next time you feel tossed and thrown by your circumstances, remember this little boat. And remember that Jesus is the True Anchor.

No comments:
Post a Comment