Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pumpkin Tradition.

Here is the whole McDonald crew and their pumpkin art from our annual pumpkin carving event this weekend. This is an ongoing tradition in the McDonald family, one that has been going on each fall for over 20 years. We get together, eat yummy fall food and treats, and carve our pumpkins. This year's designs included bats, "I love MSU" and Spartan heads (odd, given the we are a predominantly GO BLUE type of gang), tombstones and headless horsemen.
Here are my two little pumpkins perched on thier pumpkins. Hayden went with a spooky face, while Kennedy opted for two scary coffins this year.
I did a cutesy face on mine, while Matt carved a really cool bat. Because it was FREEZING out, we ended up carving in the enclosed garage where it was toasty warm. As always, Grandpa and Grandma supervised the whole crew, except for the monstrous pumpkin-guts fight that broke out among the teen cousins!



Hayden, posing with his guts hanging out!
This is my very favorite photo from the weekend. For the past 3 years, we have gotten our pumpkins from this cute antique farm market on the way.....I loved the color of this wall against the orange pumpkins, and I love that this is just a sweet moment of laughter between my kids.

All these cute little pumpkins, sitting in a row......
This week is all about planning and executing school parties, making 2 costumes, and getting stocked up for Friday night trick-or-treaters. Off to sleep.....

1 comment:

Sonja said...

Great pictures (as usual:) I really love the giggly one too.

I hope that your parties go off with out a hitch:)