Friday, October 03, 2008

Week in our Life, Day FIVE.
















Whew. Over half-way done with the project. I must say that I am really enjoying the process. The biggest surprise is how much I am learning about us, sort of an assessment process. Taking the temperature on our everyday life. I've noticed a few things so far.....we eat out a lot during football season, there are a couple of little things that we have let slide that I need to be purposeful about reintroducing into our routine, and we really do have a lot of fun at our house! I fully expected to end this project with a snapshot of our life, but I didn't realize how much insight I would gain in this cool sort of "life assessment." It is so worth the time and effort.

Friday Highlights:
  • Yes! It's Friday! We are all so ready for a weekend at home (plans to clean out the garage, go to the farmer's market, and just relax a bit.)

  • Woke up. Slept in a bit until 7:00. Got kids up and in the bathtub.

  • Packed snacks, folders and backpacks.

  • Dressed all in Bulldog colors (black and orange) for today's Bulldog Olympic Walk-a-Thon.

  • Drove the kids to school. Had to scrape ice off the windshield (first time this season.).

  • Volunteered at the walk-a-thon snapping photos and counting laps on finished lap cards. The kids did great, the weather was perfect (save for some big mud puddles), and everyone had a great time.
  • Brunch=egg skillet. And a Diet Coke.

  • Read magazines Domino and Real Simple over breakfast.

  • Drove home.

  • Packages waiting at the door from A Million Memory (my Oct. kit) and Dan/Kendra (bday gift for Matt).

  • Emails.

  • Hayden got off the bus.

  • Lunch for him. I'm still full from brunch.
  • Hayden plays computer games. I write a form letter for work.

  • Edit photos and look back over photos from the week so far (I love this process!).

  • Matt comes home for a little rest before the game, hangs out with Hayden for a few minutes.

  • Kennedy comes home; Ruby waits by the door for her. Go over homework folder with her. Hayden plays with Caden for 30 minutes.

  • Change clothes for ball game.
  • Get gas; only $3.50 per gallon (as compared to $4.00 only a couple of weeks ago).

  • Stop by Mitch and Meegan's house; not home.

  • Dinner at Pizza Ranch.

  • Drive to Hamilton for game; freeze.

  • We lost 42-23. Losing stinks.

  • Drove home.

  • Turned the fireplace on for our first fire of the year. Temps expected to be in the 30s tonight.

  • Kids watch Halloween town, while I catch up on emails and blogs.
  • Waiting for Matt to get home; will probably get to bed after midnight like most football Friday nights.











No comments: