

School is a big theme in our house this week. My daughter headed back to kindergarten today and decided that she is not quite ready to go back yet, and that she would like a few more days of vacation. I'm sure there were several more students and teachers feeling that way today, including my husband, who also went back to his job as a high school administrator. Tomorrow, my son starts his first preschool experience. YIKES! We went and picked out a new outfit today--he chose a camoflauge GAP shirt with a t-rex on it--am I really going to send me son to school in camo?? I guess this is where I need to set my maternal preferences aside and let him wear what he likes. His school bus backpack is ready to go and he is very excited to wear his backpack to school. He would also like to be riding the big yellow bus to school with Kennedy, but he will have to wait a couple of years for that. I am having lots of mixed emotions--I'm not sure that he is entirely ready but I think the experience will be very good for him. Today, as I was talking about preschool and preparing him for tomorrow, he looked at me and said, "But, Mommy, I am still a wittle boy." Oh, my. But in the next breath, he said "I want to go to school and play with the trains with Mrs. P" He knows they have trains because this is the same room his big sister attended. So, we will see how it goes. It is only a few hours a week and I am looking forward to see this awesome world of learning open up to him in a new way. I know that I will continue to be--as I will always be--his main teacher. The camera and batteries are ready for the big day. Now, where is that extra Kleenex box?

No comments:
Post a Comment