


The past few evenings have been all about organizing for me. First, I got all of the Christmas decorations--with the exception of the few stranglers that I will still be finding in March!--organized, packed into their respective containers, and packed back into the Christmas closet. It is pretty packed to the brim, meaning that we must have acquired a few new things this year! While I truly love to have my house decorated for the holidays, it is also refreshing to have things "back to normal"--seems clean and fresh and symbolic of the start of the new year. I can already feel January slipping away--YIKES! I am responsible for my daughter's kindergarten Valentine's party, so I had better get planning! Most of my other organizational projects this weekend have involved my scrap room. I finally have all of my stamps in place--much-used wooden ones organized on open shelves with others in the closet, while acrylic stamps are ordered in baskets under my work table--and it is so wonderful to know right where things are. I also tagged all of my vertical paper organizers with metal-rimmed circle tags and colorful ribbon--isn't it darling? It just makes me want to keep tagging! Actually--and my sisters will laugh at this one--it reminds me of the time that my mom went crazy with the labeler and actually labeled each and every shelf in the pantry cupboard.....each and every canned good had its place, and you had better not get it confused. We all thought that she had seriously gone off the deep end! Barring this crazy extreme, organization feels good. My husband also built me some shelves for our front library room--soon to become a type of family library/music room--so I am in for some more organizing after he gets those shelves in place. They cover a full wall in the room, and I am so ready to get my books and pottery collection out of the packing boxes. Happy organizing!

No comments:
Post a Comment