


You might recall the picture on the bottom from one of my very first posts......I was talking about how because of our frequent moves in the past 4 years, it never seems that my scrap room is organized and functional. This obviously makes creative work very difficult, as I could never find what I needed, let alone have a clean workspace in which to create. Well... VOILA! I have worked long and hard to try to create my dream studio within the confines of our current available space, and this is my work in progress in the middle photo. Yes, the room still doubles as our guest rooms, but it is becoming a studio that is very functional. The star of the room is my new Project Desk and Stools from Pier One... as you can see from the top photo, it is a large workspace with shelves on each end to house so many tools, jars of embellishments, and baskets of goodies. I still am working on organizing all of the tiny little treasures that come along with this awesome art, so I will be sure to post as I work. I also have some really cool black transfer letters from Making Memories that I am going to use to put a quote on the wall about the closets.....I'm thinking about "Scrap. Play. Live. {Be Your Art.}. What do you think? And the color on the wallls......a sunny apricot-ish color that just reminds me of sun, and fresh fruit, and the beach, and Mexico, and smiling, and just being nurtured. The color makes me so happy, especially when paired with the bright jewel tones in my quilt, throw, and wall hangings. The color scheme even makes the yucky green-ish carpet look like it was meant to be! It is a space that I want to be in, one that makes me want to create.
This room relates to my third 2007 goal, which is related to my love and passion for scrapbook art. This year, I want to get "Studio N" organized and fully functional. I am also setting the goal of completing at least one 2-page spread per week. and to use at least one product on my pages from my existing stash of goods.....I have so many cool embellishments that I had forgotten about, and while it is always fun to head to the scrapbook store and stock up on all the newest embellishments and gadgets, I also really want to put the awesome stuff that I have to good use. Finally, I want to seek to be published this year. I have been encouraged by so many to submit for publication, but I have never prioritized it. This year, I will be entering the Hall of Fame contest for the first time, and also plan to seek other publication through the year. So, I guess we shall see what the response is......who knows, maybe this year could be the start of a new dream career for me??

No comments:
Post a Comment