Monday, January 29, 2007

What Your Medicine Cabinet Says About You.

Here is a creative challenge for you. Take a photo of your medicine cabinet. NO, you may not clean and straighten first. Just open the door and snap a few photos. For those of you who don't have a camera or don't get into picture taking, just open the door and take a mental snapshot. Then answer the question: What does your medicine cabinet say about you and your family?























My husband thought I had really fallen off the deep end of the scrapbooker's land when he caught me taking these photos, but I really thought that the medicine cabinet could say a lot about a family. So, as I looked at this photo of our very packed medicine cabinet, these are just a few of my observations:

1) We obviously have young children.....how else can you explain the fact that we have four different types of Band-Aids including Superman (these are actually for my husband), Backyardigans, Barbie, and Scooby Doo.
2) Excedrine Migraine--a great fix-it for those head-pounding-by-the-end of the day kind of days.
3) Multiple Bottles of Tums--As my husband has aged, his tummy has become less tolerant of tomato-based and spicy foods, so we go through the Tums. This also explains the large bottles of Mylanta and Pepto. Hey, I remember that my grandma used to give us Tums as candy when we visited her house. Strange, very strange. So, in a somewhat morbid way, these add some sentimentality to our medicine cabinet.
4) A large box of rubber gloves--OK, these have come in handy in many different ways. We filled them with beans for a fun game at Sunday school. When Hayden went through his "anal retentive" phase during potty training (very "backed up"), these also were put to use in, shall we say, "aided pooping." OK, enough said. The things that mothers do for their children.
5) A random bottle of glove oil--used to oil our kids' first ballgloves last summer. OK, so I guess we are anxious to share our love of ball with our kids.
6) Suncreen--we have bottles in almost every closet/cabinet on all floors of our house. Makes for easy access for summer swimming and other outings.
7) An assortment of colored drinking straws--I'm not sure why these are in the medicine cabinet, but they make every drink--even ice water--taste better!
8) Children's vitamins--I wish I was better about remembering to give one to each of my kids EVERY day. But, I figure on the days that I do remember, it is better than never remembering!
9) My multi-vitamin--See above.
10) Dimatap--I have vivid memories of this grape-flavored medicine from my childhood. While I have a pretty sensitive gag-reflex and tended to resist most medicines, I never really minded this one. Both of my kids are OK with this one, too.

So, what does YOUR medicine cabinet say about YOU?

No comments: