
We are getting back from a couple days out of town to celebrate the New Year with our family. It was a new year's welcoming of the best kind--very low-key and relaxed, with lots of good food, laughs, and games. We enjoyed a rousing game of SPOONS resulting in only a few minor injuries (!) as well as multiple games of RACKO, 99, and Quiddler. Fun and relaxing (with the exception of Spoons!). As midnight neared, Kennedy and I realized that we left our party hats and noisemakers--which we use every single year--at home. So, we decided to get creative and use some pots, pans and kitchen utensils to ring in the New Year. Kennedy was all about that! Hayden, well, he didn't quite make it into 2007 awake, but it is amazing that he slept through all the racket! Midnight at our party was filled with the banging of pots and pans, sips of sparkling juice and champagne, the annual New Year's kisses, and, for some, sighs of relief that they could now go off to bed! While some family members retired to bed soon after midnight, I stayed up with my husband, dad and brother-in-law until 2 AM playing Rack-O. So, I was a bit droopy this morning, but it was a very enjoyable time with family. Every now and then, I think that it would be fun to dress up and attend a fancier new year's eve bash......but, really, when I get right down to it, this family gathering is the New Year's Eve of the most significant kind. Note to self: Skip the big parties and go with the simple family gatherings every time!So, with the new year here, it is time to start thinking about what I would like to make happen in 2007. Each of the first 10 days of this month, I plan to share one goal/change that I am striving for in 2007. Some of them are small and won't take a lot of effort, while others are major and will require lots of blood, sweat and tears. Yes, I will start with the biggy: GET HEALTHIER by reestablishing a regular exercise routine. I was very disciplined about working out prior to having my kids, but it has really been 5 years since I have excercised seriously and daily for an extended period of time, and the time has come to make this a priority. I am going to be doing a combination of pilates-type stretching, walking, and Urban rebounding to start, and I would eventually like to work up to running by the end of 2007. As a working mom of two young kids, I need to make this time for myself, as it will make me more energetic and a better role model for my children as they grow. So, pray for me as I work to establish this exercise routine in the upcoming days and weeks!

No comments:
Post a Comment