I have many fond memories of May Day growing up. In school, we would make paper baskets and fill them with tissue-roses (remember those flowers we used to make with Kleenex and pipe cleaners). We would then run around our little town, leave the baskets on the elder people's door stoops, and run away before we were discovered. Ah, what joy!We also used to do a May Pole dance. This involved streamers wrapped around a volleyball pole. We then learned an intricate dance whereby we wove and unwove the colorful streamers around the pole. I do remember that the boys in the class were not very coordinated in doing the weaving and made fun of it. Apparently, this is a custom that originated in Sweden and may have roots as some sort of fertility dance, but I'm sure we didn't know that as school-kids growing up (otherwised, the boys might have paid more attention)! I think I'll go home tonight and help my kids make up some little baskets to leave around our neighborhood.
Please keep praying for Landon as the night goes on. As far as I know, he is still in surgery and at this point, no news is good news. We have a 16-hour prayer vigil going on until 11:00 tonight, so if you join in, you're are joining with many others who are lifting this little boy and his family to the throne of God. Thanks again for joining us in this amazing opportunity to make a difference for this family as we EXPECT a miracle.

1 comment:
I've prayed a few times for Landon, the DR's and especially his parents. I remember the peace that Chip and I had as Wyndham was in surgery and in ICU a couple of times. Chip said, "It's a win-win, no matter the outcome. Either she lives and we get her a few more years, or she dies and is healed and we'll see her in Heaven someday." But, I know where the human heart lies...so I pray selfishly for Landon to come out of this difficult surgery. Thank you for sharing this prayer request. Please let me know how everything turns out. Thanks, Nicole...and Happy May Day!
Post a Comment