Wednesday, May 02, 2007

10 Random Facts.

OK, several of my fellow bloggers are passing this little game around, so I thought I would join in and share 10 rather random facts about myself. Most of them are doing "7 random facts" but, hey, one of my random facts is that I just like to be a little bit different. So here are 10, in no particular order......

1) My favorite guilty pleasure in life is fountain Diet Coke from McDonald's (Caffeine Free, preferably). It is so crispy and snappy and icy......beats cans or bottles hands-down. And it bugs me when waiters in restaurants assume that Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi are interchangeable.....no comparison.
2) I HATE the feel of fuzzy fleece blankets.....can't stand it against my skin. It feels dirty and nasty and irritating to me. Give me the cool smoothness of a cotton quilt any time. I am all about high-thread count.
3) My favorite candybar is a Hershey's bar--the plain chocolate one. No nuts, no caramel, just give me those plain squares of chocolate. I guess I am classic that way.
4) I travelled on a ministry team in college sharing Christ with kids through sports at summer camps across the MidWest. So I basically lived in cabins out of a suitcase for 3 months. But it was an awesome, stretching, and spiritually alive time.
5) I sometimes buy scrapbook embellishments just because of the adorable packaging....come on, I'm sure some of you scrapbookers out there can relate!
6) I love to sleep with the window open year-round.....fresh air just lulls me into the deepest and most calming sleep.....in the winter, it just means you have to pile on the down comforters. My husband thinks I have seriously gone off the deep end.
7) I can't stand wearing socks. Detest them. Give me a pair of sandals or flip-flogs, and I am a happy girl. Relatedly, I do have a bit of a foot issue.....I hate people touching my feet, and a footrub equates to torture in my book.
8) I would rather hang my children's art on my walls than any fancy "professional" piece of art.
9) I was voted "Smartest" and "Teacher's Pet" by my graduating class. I also graduated as class president, student council vice president, athlete of the year, and class valedictorian. See where I got that "Teacher's Pet" designation? I could brown-nose with the best of them.
10) I hate grading multiple choice exams; which is why I like to hire a student grader to do those assignments. (Can you tell that I am in the midst of grading final exams right now? Actually, writing this list has created a good diversion from the piles of grading.)

Want to play? I would love to see some random facts about you.

1 comment:

Danielsmommy said...

Thanks for sharing!
How is little Landon doing?

~H