Saturday, May 19, 2007

Heavy.

I'm struggling right now with some very heavy things, things that are just weighing my soul down. Little boys who are facing life-and-death circumstances (please pray for little Landon and his family), while his mother tries to stay strong and of unyielding faith. A friend just diagnosed with her second round of breast cancer, while she is still fighting off leukemia just diagnosed last summer. A colleague undergoing painful treatment for colon cancer. And I'm finding myself in this ugly spiral of rumors, negativity and lots of other junk.....not sure how I got here or how to get out. Ever been there? And, not to mention, two nights with less than 3 hours of sleep each is not too great for clarity, cognitive or otherwise.

So, today, I'm trying to regain perspective. Refocus on Christ and the purity to which He calls us. Spending time with my kids. Planting some flowers. Recentering. Cleansing. Searching my soul.........reminds me of those classic words...."Lord if there be, any wicked way in me, cleanse me, Lord, and make me free."

1 comment:

Danielsmommy said...

Nicci,
Hope everything gets better.
I'll keep you in my prayers!
~H