Have you ever had a day like this?
Where everything in your life and house seems to be in disarray? This is the scene that I walked into tonight after a full day of university teaching. Play-dough EVERYWHERE, small pieces of PlayMobile sets all over the place, kids filthy.....can you relate?
This is the same scene four hours later as I am finally winding down. It's funny......I can go to bed with my house messy EXCEPT FOR THE KITCHEN. I have to have the kitchen straightened and dishes in the dishwasher before I can go upstairs to bed. I can step over the scattered toys in the living room or trip over the shoes in the entry on the way up to bed, but if the kitchen or dining table are messy.....forget it. A silly little quirk, I guess.
So, here's to a clean kitchen and table....though I know tomorrow will soon come, and with it lots more PlayDough and toys and dirty kids and.........but for now, I'm enjoying the tidyness and ready to drift off to a good night's sleep. Wishing you the same.

No comments:
Post a Comment