

My college roommate and good friend, Suzie, sent me this precious silver frame for Christmas. As you can see, the bottom of the frame is engraved with the phrase: "Small things done with great love." Since Christmas, I have had the frame sitting on my dresser, just waiting for the perfect photo to house in it. Well, last week, my daughter left me these two precious notes on the table. The first says "I love you, Mom, more than anything. I love Dad, too. Love, Kennedy" So precious. She wrote this note completely on her own and did such a great job with sounding out the words...sometimes I have to remind myself that she is only in kindergarten. The second note is also so precious; she wrote "I love you, you love me, we're family" complete with musical notes (you know, the Barney song!). To me, these little handwritten notes--written straight from our little girl's heart and left for us to find--epitomize the idea of small things done with great love. And so, this frame has become the permanent home for these two precious pieces of my daughter's heart. There is nothing small about that! Don't forget to seek and find the small things in your life, wherever you are and whatever stage of life you find yourself. They are there, Praise God, if only we open the eyes of our hearts and souls to see.

2 comments:
IT is amazing how fats they grow up. Have a great weekend
FAST
Post a Comment